ASE A8 Engine Performance Practice Test
5. The engine in the diagram above:
- A. Has an HEI distributor.
- B. Has a waste spark ignition system.
- C. Has sequential fuel injection.
- D. Has multiport fuel injection.
Answer A is wrong. The engine has a distributor-less computer-controlled ignition system that contains crankshaft and camshaft position sensors for precise timing.
Answer B is wrong. The engine has (COP) coil on plug ignition; each spark plug has an ignition coil.
Answer C is correct. The engine has sequential fuel injection; each cylinder has a pulse-width injector offering more control and precise timing.
Answer D is wrong. This system differs from a multiport injection system, where the PCM fires multiple injectors simultaneously.