ASE A8 Engine Performance Practice Test
5. Which of the following is correct about the engine illustrated in the diagram above?
- A. It has an HEI distributor.
- B. It has a waste spark ignition system.
- C. It has sequential fuel injection.
- D. It has multiport fuel injection.
Answer A is wrong. The engine has a distributor-less computer-controlled ignition system that contains crankshaft and camshaft position sensors for precise timing.
Answer B is wrong. The engine has (COP) coil on plug ignition; each spark plug has an ignition coil.
Answer C is correct. The engine has sequential fuel injection; each cylinder has a pulse-width injector offering more control and precise timing.
Answer D is wrong. This system is different from a multiport injection system, where the PCM fires more than one injector simultaneously.