ASE A6 Electrical Practice Test
24. The lamp in the glove box does not operate. The test light illuminates at point C with the glove box open, and the switch closed. The inoperative lamp is caused by:
- A. A burned bulb filament.
- B. An open circuit between the switch and the ground.
- C. High resistance at point B of the circuit.
- D. A short to ground at point D of the circuit.
Answer A is wrong. A burned bulb in a series circuit creates an open, blocking the flow of electricity. It's an example of an open in the circuit's load. The test light would not illuminate with a burned bulb in a series circuit.
Answer B is correct. A loose or open ground circuit will prevent glove box lamp illumination.
Answer C is wrong. If there were resistance at point B, the test light would likely light dimly. An open in the circuit results in no operation.
Answer D is wrong. A short to ground at point D would be redundant to the ground provided by the actual circuit.