ASE A6 Electrical Electronics Practice Test
46. All the lights in a brake light circuit illuminate except one. The MOST likely cause is:
- A. An open wire.
- B. An open taillight switch.
- C. A blown fuse.
- D. A burned bulb.
47. The #2 and #3 cylinders of a four-cylinder engine are producing less secondary voltage than the #1 and #4 cylinders. According to the diagram above, which of the following is causing this condition?
- A. There is an open at point A of the ignition system.
- B. There is an open at point C of the ignition system.
- C. There is resistance at point C of the ignition system.
- D. There is resistance at point D of the ignition system.
48. If a technician reversed the leads of a digital voltmeter on a 12-volt circuit, the readout would show:
- A. 0.00 volts
- B. -0.00 volts
- C. 12.00 volts
- D. -12.00 volts
Answer A is wrong. Because the leads are crossed, the output is -12.00 volts.
Answer B is wrong. The answer is -12.00 volts.
Answer C is wrong. The answer is -12.00 volts.
Answer D is correct. The answer is -12.00 volts. If the leads are reversed using a digital meter, the polarity changes, resulting in a negative voltage reading.
49. The hazard and turn signal lights are inoperative. Technician A says that they share the same circuit. Technician B says the vehicle may have a faulty flasher. Who is correct?
- A. Technician A
- B. Technician B
- C. Both A and B
- D. Neither A or B
50. All of the following are true about 12-volt maintenance-free battery replacement EXCEPT:
- A. Use a computer memory saver.
- B. Remove the negative terminal first.
- C. Replace the positive terminal last.
- D. Use a battery terminal puller if the terminal is stuck to the post.
Answer A is wrong. Using a memory saver is a great way to retain the memory in computer modules.
Answer B is wrong. Remove the negative terminal first.
Answer C is correct. The negative terminal is the first off and the last on.
Answer D is wrong. If the terminal is stuck to the post, don’t pry at it and possibly damage the case. Use a battery terminal puller instead.