ASE A6 Electrical Practice Test
29. The parking brake warning light in the diagram illuminates even when the parking brake is released. Which of the following is MOST likely causing this condition?
- A. A short to ground at point C of the diagram.
- B. An open at point D of the diagram.
- C. A short to ground at point A of the diagram.
- D. Resistance at point B of the diagram.
Answer A is correct. The warning light illuminates even when the parking brake is released because a short to ground after the load (the brake warning light) will cause the light to turn on and stay on as long as there is power in the circuit.
Answer B is wrong. An open in the ground prevents the light from illuminating.
Answer C is wrong. A short to ground at point A will likely blow the circuit's fuse because a short before the circuit's electrical load typically results in a blown fuse.
Answer D is wrong. High resistance in the circuit would make the warning light light dimly or possibly not functional at all.