ASE A6 Electrical Electronics Practice Test
54. A vehicle is overheating. The electric radiator cooling fan in the illustration does not operate under any condition. All of the following result in an inoperative fan motor EXCEPT?
- A. A short to ground at point A of the system.
- B. An open at point B in the system.
- C. An open at point C in the system.
- D. An open at point D of the system.
Answer A is correct. All the other answers result in an inoperative fan motor. A short to ground at point A causes the fan motor to operate whenever the ignition is ON.
Answer B is wrong. An open at point B results in no fan operation because the fuse element is open.
Answer C is wrong. An open at point C results in no fan operation because the fan motor is not receiving power.
Answer D is wrong. An open at point D will prevent fan motor operation because it removes the circuit’s ground.