ASE A7 Heating Air Conditioning Practice Test
35. A late model vehicle is being diagnosed for poor air conditioning performance. The air temperature blend door in the circuit illustrated above has all of the following characteristics EXCEPT:
- A. The actuator has a unique ID.
- B. It operates on CAN A network.
- C. The actuator contains a microchip and logic.
- D It operates on the CAN protocol.
Answer A is wrong. Each motor has a unique ID. An actuator with a lower ID has priority over an actuator with a higher ID.
Answer B is correct. There are three types of networks. Class A is the slowest. The climate control network is typically on a Class B network with speeds up to 125 Kbps. Class C CAN operates at speeds up to 1 Mbps for engine and transmission critical sensor data.
Answer C is wrong. They contain microchips that allow them to receive and transmit data.
Answer D is wrong. Vehicles manufactured in 2008 and up contain networks that operate on the CAN protocol or Controller Area Network.