ASE A7 Heating Air Conditioning Practice Test
14. A technician tests the low-pressure sensor's circuit for continuity. The signal wire between the low-pressure sensor and the electronic climate control module is:
- A. Green with a yellow stripe.
- B. Orange with a white stripe.
- C. White with an orange stripe.
- D. Orange with a red stripe.
Answer A is wrong. According to the wiring diagram, there is no green wire with a yellow stripe associated with the low-pressure sensor.
Answer B is correct. The signal wire is orange with a white stripe.
Answer C is wrong. The ground wire is white with an orange stripe.
Answer D is wrong. The 5-volt reference wire is orange with a red stripe. Vehicle manufacturers create diagrams of the entire vehicle that can be complex and difficult to sort through, so they're broken down into system-specific diagrams called block diagrams, like the one above.