ASE A8 Engine Performance Practice Test
35. The vehicle's engine in the diagram above:
- A. Has sequential fuel injection.
- B. Has a waste spark ignition system.
- C. Is on a low speed Controller Area Network.
- D. Has multiport fuel injection.
Answer A is correct. Each cylinder gets its own injector. This offers the PCM more control and precise timing. This is different from multiport injection where the PCM typically fires more than one injector simultaneously.
Answer B is wrong. Each cylinder gets its own coil. This is known as a COP or coil over plug ignition system.
Answer C is wrong. The PCM is on a high speed CAN C network. A Class A CAN network is considered a low speed network.
Answer D is wrong. Answer A is correct.