ASE A8 Engine Performance Practice Test
29. Component A in the diagram above is:
- A. A connection in the signal circuit of the MAP sensor.
- B. A splice in the signal circuit of the MAP sensor.
- C. A splice in the ground circuit of the MAP sensor.
- D. A connection in the reference circuit of the MAP sensor.
Answer A is correct. This is the connector for the signal circuit of a MAP sensor.
Answer B is wrong. A splice is denoted as a solid black dot that connects two wires.
Answer C is wrong. The symbol for a connector has been circled in red. It's part of the signal circuit for the manifold absolute pressure sensor.
Answer D is wrong. The reference voltage circuit is labeled 5V ref.